We’ve created a couple of simple plugins that provide basic support for replacing the hero image on the homepage with a slider. Download and install one of the plugins below to in integrate with the corresponding slider plugin:
Note: If the plugin is automatically unzipped when you download it to your computer, you will likely need to change a setting in your browser. This usually occurs on Macs. Instructions for changing that setting can be found here.
Be sure to install the corresponding slider plugin first and create a slider before continuing.
- Download one of integration plugins above
- Go to the Plugins → Add New screen in your WordPress admin panel and click the Upload button at the top next to the “Add Plugins” title
- Upload the zipped archive
- Click the Activate Plugin link after installation completes
After you’ve created a slider, you can enable it on the front page by following these steps:
- Go to Appearance → Customize
- Click the Theme section to expand it
- Choose a slider option in the Front Page Slider dropdown
- Click the Save & Publish button at the top of the Customizer